Date(s) - 9 Feb 2019
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Southwest Unitarian Universalist Church
6320 Royalton Rd.
North Royalton, OH 44133
We hope you saved the date of Saturday February 9th as the Auction is our biggest Fundraiser Party of the year. This year’s theme is going to be Chinese New Year and the details about activities will be out in the next few weeks! We do know that we will be looking for volunteers as usual for our usual activities- desserts for the Dessert Dance, themed baskets for the Raffle, and folks to help with set-up and clean-up. PLEASE if you have attended the auction party before, spread the word and help new people understand how it works.
Here is the rundown of how SWUU raises money while providing social and service opportunities:
• Everyone decides on and event they would like to organize, or a service they can provide. Things like hikes, dinners, concerts, computer service, movie nights, airport deliveries, cleaning or repairs, haircuts, museum memberships, framed photos or other artwork, and massages are just a few examples.
• Send the details to Susan via email email@example.com. Include important things like the date and time of the event, how many people can sign up, and how much it costs. If your item is to be auctioned silently, just tell me the starting bid.
• Then come to the auction, have a nice dinner, buy raffle tickets and and sign up for the items which interest you.
• Even if you cannot attend the auction, you can sign up for items the week afterwards.
• No money needs to be exchanged until you receive your itemized bill after the auction. All money goes to the church.
• Enjoy spending time with members and friends at your chosen events.
We will open for browsing at 5:00 and the first dinner seating will be around 5:30! We hope to see you there!
That is the auction in a nutshell. Most people who have attended agree that it is a fun way to raise money. But it can’t happen without your donations! So start thinking and please send me your information by January 31st. Please direct your questions to me at church, by phone at 440-888-3615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see everyone there!